Creative communicator and Bachelor of Arts with professional experience in writing, editing, on-air broadcasting, social media marketing, web content management, and Adobe Creative Suite.
|– Narrative and journalistic writing||– Social media management|
|– Content creation and management||– Researching and editing|
|– Copywriting||– Graphic design and photography|
|– On-air broadcasting||– Interpersonal skills|
Communications Coordinator | Independent Financial Brokers of Canada, August 2014 – present
- Writing news items and press releases, and creating emails through Constant Contact.
- Generating website content and managing pages using WordPress and Sitefinity CMS.
- Creating strategy, calendars, and posts for social media channels to grow company profile.
- Designing print materials: brochures, event guides, posters, and advertisements using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
Writer/Editor/Community Manager | Freelance, July 2012 – present
- Writing copy and blog posts, editing copy, managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and creating social media calendars for Per Se Catering & Events.
- Researching and writing employment-related articles for Jobpostings magazine.
- Fact-checking articles for WHERE Toronto magazine.
- Developed research practices and ability to synthesize information from various sources.
- Honed ability to conduct interviews in-person, over the phone, and via email.
Communications Specialist | Entec Corporation, September 2013 – August 2014
- Managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube), planning social media calendars.
- Creating newsletters, writing blog posts, and editing SEO content.
- Gained proficiency with Hootsuite, MailChimp, and WordPress CMS.
Social Media Specialist | Business Development Centre, November 2012 – April 2013
- Marketing web content and business services via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+.
- Developing social media strategies and campaigns to attract new fans and followers, tracking pertinent metrics to measure campaign effectiveness.
- Gained command of social media dashboards and measurement tools such as Hootsuite, Tweet Deck, Ow.ly Statistic Summaries and Google Analytics.
Announcer | Skywords Media Toronto, April 2008 – November 2012
- Writing and announcing news, traffic, business, and weather reports for radio stations.
- Using social media to interact with listeners and transportation officials to gather and disseminate information.
- Part of Newstalk 1010 CFRB’s team coverage of the Sunrise Propane explosion.
- Providing newscasts for Canadian Multicultural Radio (CMR) 101.3 FM.
Editorial Intern | Gleaner Community Press, January 2012 – May 2012
- Wrote news and arts articles for the Annex Gleaner and Liberty Gleaner newspapers, with a focus on local happenings in the Annex and Liberty Village neighbourhoods of Toronto.
- Took photographs for both newspapers’ print and online editions.
- Built relationships with local police, politicians, and community leaders.
Editorial Intern | St. Joseph Media, August 2011 – December 2011
- Wrote, edited, and fact-checked articles for print and online versions of WHERE Toronto magazine, with pieces focused on arts, entertainment, shopping, and dining.
- Produced the magazine’s Business Travelers Guide for the March 2012 issue.
- Expanded Twitter following through interactions with readers, arts organizations, restaurants, shops, and public figures.
Author/Designer/Editor | Life Rattle Press, September 2010 – April 2011
- Authored Three Tablets Twice Daily, a collection of short stories about living with ulcerative colitis.
- Designed the cover with Adobe Illustrator and typeset the book using Adobe InDesign.
- Worked with a team of writers to edit other books released by Life Rattle Press in the 2011 edition of their New Publishers Series.
- Book sales have raised over $1500 for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada.
- Invited to speak about the book at Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto.
Base Manager | Skywords Media Halifax, October 2005 – September 2007
- Managed interactions between stakeholders at client radio stations and advertisers.
- Trained and scheduled announcers.
- Announced traffic and weather reports for radio stations across the Maritimes, including News 95.7 and Z103.5 in Halifax.
- Announced airborne traffic reports during coverage of Rolling Stones concert.
- Built and maintained relationships with listeners, police agencies, and transit officials.
Honours Bachelor of Arts Degree | University of Toronto at Mississauga, Class of 2011
- Double majored in Communication, Culture, and Information Technology (CCIT) and Professional Writing.
- Achieved Dean’s Honour List standing four consecutive years, and graduated with High Distinction.
Digital Communications Certificate | Sheridan College, Class of 2011
- Invited to President’s luncheon in 2009, where top students voice feedback to the college.
Radio Broadcasting Diploma | Humber College, Class of 2005
- Received CHUM Ltd. Award for top announcer, 2005.